We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. ~ Aristotle

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Challenge of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is by far one of my favorite holidays, all the great family time and food without the pressure of finding the right gifts for everyone!  The challenge in my case is trying to stay on track so I'm trying to have a semi-healthy dinner without it turning into the disaster of a couple years ago.  At the time I was on a diet that completely cut out all sodium, most carbs, and the usual sugar and fats etc.  Well in trying to cook a Thanksgiving dinner that would be "on plan" the only thing that was any good was the Turkey. Needless to say since then my family has trouble with the idea of a "healthy" Thanksgiving. The bad news is  the average Thanksgiving dinner is between about 2,300 and 3,000 calories!!! So I  feel like I have to do something to minimize the damage if I can.  So I found the Eating Well website and found these great tips.

7 Tricks for a Healthier Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry
    It's great meeting you through the Hip Homeschool Hop, welcome to the blogging world, I look forward to reading your posts!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete